Although I am relatively happy with the the final outcome of the project I feel there is room for massive improvements to be made. Like I have iterated throughout, I think more content is necessary and the webpage needs to be more interactive, with everything playing at one or not at all or playing here and moving there. It needs to push the ideas further, to stretch this online meets offline conceptualisation. I think the 3D gallery scroller is almost like a demo of the real thing and looks a bit unfinished. This has come from making a change last minute – so this is a very very important lesson I have learned. To either make a decision and stick to it and put it into place immediately instead of hoping everything will be okay. In my eyes my time management was good, i.e. I spent a lot of time on the project (all day everyday in the library) but because I did not set weekly targets and mini deadlines for myself I got a bit lost in the workload. I let things that took a long time take even longer because I was a little too casual about it, so this will be a lesson for the future.
In terms of my audience research process I do not think I could have been more thorough, with a minimum of 4 different methods I think I have researched it from all angles. This was the part I have actually enjoyed the most. In terms of the design side, again I should have set personal mini deadlines. By creating the content first and leaving coding the website until quite late I think it looks rushed and amateur. My overall design process of my video and clips I think has been strong. By critiquing them with other people and getting them to be honest I think these came out the most successful. As I have said before, I wish now we were starting the project because I could utilise my skills learned, whereas before it seemed I was wasting time learning them although I did need to start someone. So, although the overall look and feel of the site is not what I wanted and there are many shortfalls, I think that I have shown the strength and dedication to continue on and rise above them to complete a project of substantial scope and depth.
Part of me wishes that I had continued with the second idea of a very graphicsy type interactive joiner image because I think a joiner image is so powerful it just stands alone and proud in its own right. My concerns with this was using people images off the internet, for example although the images I have used from Instagram have all been for public viewing therefore their should be no real issue. Also due to the nature of the video it moves too quick for the photographers identity to be reviewed anyways. This is the idea I would pursue in future whereby the images would be pulled live and joiner together more systematically and incorporated more code so not only being a narrative but more interactive as well whilst letting the data speak for itself.
I feel I have learned a lot about the ideas development process and proved that I carry out a product form start to finish no matter what it is. I think I have showed willingness to be innovative and unique by choosing a subject and treatment that is a bit unusual and not got a set structure you can follow. This shows determination and commitment to the task in hand. I feel I have learned so much in terms of organisation, planning, graphics, video, video editing, sound editing, storyboarding, working with others, coding and designing. So although I am not necessarily happy with the final product, I am happy with what it has taught me for the future.