View the Pitch Presentation1 .
Back to the original concept of my character Sophe “The Online Lurker” , somebody who views social networks but doesn’t post herself, really got me thinking. So far my time constraints and audience engagement has put me off following through with this idea, however I feel like it could still be possible. This quote got nearly 7500 likes on Instagram so is obviously something a lot of people relate too. I think from now I really need to develop the character of Sophe and tell her story as somebody who feels a bit overlooked in terms of the social circle of life.
The dreaded Pitch Presentation…. 15 minutes of solid pressure to sell The Hashtag Life to my production tutors.
Here are the demonstrations videos that I used to portray the way in which THL is carried out and how the audience is required to have specific purposeful engagement.
I apologise the quality isn’t great and my voice over is massively whiney… The video is also a little slow in places.
What I learned from my presentation pitch was to include target audience responses in perhaps the form of a videoed interview recording peoples thoughts and ideas and how they think it will work in the real world. The target audience for THL is 20 something year olds and I know my tutors who I pitched too were definitely not 20 somethings (no offence meant).
The Hashtag Life
What is it?
- A Transmedia Narrative distributed across popular social media platforms
- Young adult drama series similar to those distributed on the television
- The audience is already there – utilise it.
- Browsing social media newsfeeds is a popular habit – put something there worth browsing
- Raise/explore modern social networking issues, including social media conduct, cyber bullying, viral phenomenon.
- A control “Hub” in the style of one individual characters blogs with appropriate character profiles and links to social media page
- A series of character profiles set up to look authentic and realistic on social media websites.
- Audience can add the characters on Facebook and Twitter and get involved by comments and posts etc.
Why do people engage so intently with social media?